Tuesday, July 28, 2020

2020 - July 28 - Cheese & Rosemary muffins

Tuesday 28 July 2020

It is freezing cold in Jo'burg.  Fixing my hubby's slipper, I was watching Nataniël se Tafel on Showmax.  In a recipe he used lots of fresh parsley.

That got me thinking of recipes using fresh parsley ... but I don't have fresh parsley in the house or garden.  But there is a big Rosemary bush ... so I thought ... muffins.  I mean really, what else?

Cheese and Rosemary muffins


Cheese and rosemary muffins
Makes 12 small / 6 big muffins

1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (or other cheese)
    (I used ½ cup mature grated cheddar, ½ cup grated cheddar)
1 cup self-rising flour
1 tablespoon fresh finely chopped rosemary
Salt & pepper
½ cup milk
¼ cup sunflower oil
½ tsp crushed garlic (optional)

Preheat oven to 190 oC.  Grease 12 /6 muffin pan. (I put squares of foil in each hole and spray it – keep muffin pan ‘clean’.)  Mix the cheese and rosemary with flour, garlic, salt & pepper.  Add the milk and oil into the flour mixture and stir with fork.  It will be a stiff mixture.  Spoon into the 12 holes and bake for 20 minutes.  Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes, carefully remove the foil and let it cool down for 5 more minutes on wire rack.  Enjoy.

Alma Pretorius

Delicious!!!  I could have used more salt.  The fresh rosemary was just enough not to be overpowering.


No comments:

Post a Comment