Monday, July 6, 2020

2020 - July 6 - Chutney, cheese & ham muffins; Coconut yoghurt and apricot muffins

Monday 6 July 2020

Last night I made the mayo-chutney chicken on rice baked dish.  It was nice ... bit too saucy for me.  So I used a cup of chutney and had little bit more left in bottle.  What to do with it .....

This morning I walked 2.3 km around the house - plotting how to use the chutney.

I made muffins using chutney, cheese and cubed ham.

Yesterday I tried to make apricot yoghurt muffins ... they burned and I wasn't impressed with the taste.

Walking my laps, I thought of how to make more sweet muffins ...

Chutney Cheese Ham Muffins
Chutney cheese ham muffins
Makes 6 muffins

1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup self-rising flour
Just less than 1/2 cup chutney
1/2 cup milk
¼ cup sunflower oil
Salt / Portuguese Spices
6 cubes ham (optional)

Preheat oven to 190 oC.  Grease 6 muffin pan. (I put squares of foil in each hole and spray it – keep muffin pan ‘clean’.)  Mix everything together and stir with fork.  It will be a stiff mixture.  Spoon into the 6 holes, press a cube pork into each hole and bake for 25 minutes.  Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes, carefully remove the foil and let it cool down for 5 more minutes on wire rack.  Enjoy.

 Alma Pretorius

I had Lancewood Coconut Yoghurt ... so I tried another way ...



Coconut Yoghurt Apricot muffins
Makes 6 muffins

¼ cup coconut yoghurt
¼ cup sunflower oil
¼ cup Mango Peach (or other flavor) jelly powder
¾ cup self-raising flour
1 x-large (or large) egg
¼ cup crushed Tinned apricots, drained,

Preheat oven to 190 oC. Prepare 6 muffin pans. Beat all ingredients together, spoon into muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.

alma pretorius

I was happy with the taste and look of these muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment