Monday, June 29, 2020

2020 - June 29 - Red curry paste, peanut butter and cheese muffins

Monday 29 June 2020

How do I decide on my flavors?  I think of a savory cupcake ...then I think what's in my fridge ...

So I had a bit of Red Curry paste in the fridge, supposedly to mix with peanut butter in a curry dish.

Red curry paste and cheese muffins
Red curry paste cheese muffins
Makes 6 big muffins

1 cup self-raising flour
1/4 cup red curry paste
Pinch of Salt
1 heaped tablespoon crunchy /smooth peanut butter
1 cup grated cheese (I used Cheddar)
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1 x-large egg
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 190 oC.  Prepare muffin pan.  Beat the curry paste, peanut butter, oil, egg and milk together.  Add the cheese, salt and flour.  Spoon into muffin pan.  Bake for 20 minutes.

Alma Pretorius

These muffins were delicious!!! Almost like a chili bite.  It had a nice crispy outside and the heat of the curry paste wasn't overwhelming.



No comments:

Post a Comment