Thursday, October 13, 2022

Carrot Hummus Pizza

 3 October 2022

Yesterday I browsed through TikTok and saw a video that immediately inspired me ... use limp carrots to make a fabulous hummus!!!!!
 
Prepared my yeast pizza crust and in an airtight plastic container, placed it in my car to rise. With the last few limp carrots in the fridge and a tin of chickpeas, I made this quick and easy hummus.
 
Hein loves the new 'bare essential' pizzas ... so after my dough has risen, I spread it out with my fingers on a baking sheet (I only used half of the dough). Spread it with carrot hummus, topped it with thawed frozen peas, drizzled over chilli oil, black pepper and added slices of Mozzarella cheese. Fifteen minutes later at 200 oC - pizza!!!!!! 
 
In the afternoon, I used the carrot hummus as a dip for fresh apple slices!!!!
Apparently one can bake brownies using hummus ... hmmm, wonder if there's enough left ....
 
CARROT HUMMUS
Makes 250 ml
2 cups (300g) chopped carrots
1 can (15oz/400g) chickpeas (reserve the water from the can)
2 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoon Tahini (or nut butter)
1 garlic clove crushed
2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tsp ground cumin
salt and pepper
 
Steam or boil the carrots until soft. You could roast them too.
Drain the chickpeas over a bowl to collect the chickpea water (aquafaba).
Add the carrots and chickpeas, plus 2 tablespoons of the chickpea water, to a blender along with all the other ingredients.
Blend for a few minutes until thick and creamy. You may need to scrape the sides down occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment