Thursday, October 13, 2022

Healthier Carrot Cake Frosting

 

Decided I'll bake muffins - it's just a much easier bake for me than a whole cake. I wanted to add banana and pineapple, so I thawed out frozen pineapple chunks. The recipe apparently I've used before, but yikes! It asked for 1 cup of oil (for 12 muffins) ... the muffins were very flat and over-baked. 
 
Made another batch with only banana (didn't have any pineapples left). It came out pretty! For the icing, I Googled for a healthier option. I think it's yummy! Of course since there's no butter in it, it's not as stiff as your usual cream cheese icing.
 
Healthier icing for carrot cake
1 x 250 g tub smooth low-fat cottage cheese
1 x 125 g Greek (double cream) yoghurt
¼ cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla
 
Blend till smooth.
 
Healthier Carrot Cake frosting

 

No comments:

Post a Comment