Thursday, March 3, 2022

Fish pizza

 

In April 2018, Hein Pretorius and I stopped at Paternoster for breakfast. I was set on having something 'fishy' for breakfast. After popping in a few restaurants to check their menus, Hein suggested we stop at Blikkie Pizzeria for breakfast. With an outside patio overlooking the sea, it sounded like a plan. I dropped my fishy cravings.
 
On the menu, I saw a pizza: (photo below) topped with Snoek, marinated Bokkoms, Peppadew and onions. 
 
Snoek and Bokkom Pizza
 
I choked up - with tears I asked the waitress: please tell me I can order this pizza for breakfast? Hein just had a grin on his face. This pizza was amazing! 
 
After a few slices (Hein had something else for breakfast) and not wanting a doggy bag, I simply ate the fishy toppings off the other slices.
 
Hein loves fish, but I knew this kinda pizza won't tempt him.  Bought some fried Snoek at Checkers as well as smoked Mackerel fillets.
 
Stretched out my pizza dough (I always make my own), placed grated cheese on the edge (and a bit of Mackerel too), rolled it, brushed on a combo of All Gold tomato sauce, crushed garlic, Habanero sauce, salt & pepper). Sprinkled with Cheddar cheese, topped with pickled Peppadews, onion, Snoek & Mackerel and bit more cheese.
 
Fish lovers .... you can do this! You have to try this!!!!  Below is my version.
 
Snoek and Mackerel Pizza

 

No comments:

Post a Comment