Tuesday, May 12, 2020

2018 - February - muffin biscotti


19 February 2018
I am not sure what I was looking for (I AM ALWAYS LOOKING AT RECIPES … SIGH … I HAVE A TOTAL COMPULSION TO LOOK AT RECIPES AND THEN TRY THEM OUT) … but I saw this ‘muffin biscotti’.  I thought that sounds interesting, since last month’s raisin biscotti was really easy. 

Here are some other raisin recipes as well.










Basically, if you have leftover muffins (I went out and bought muffins) then you slice them, layer them on baking sheet and bake them. 
Voila!  They sliced the muffins vertically, I sliced them horizontally – thought it looked better.  My choices were:  lemon poppy seed, blueberry, chocolate, carrot, banana … they were fabulous!  And then I sliced cranberry hot cross buns!  And they were just amazing!!!!

I especially loved the lemon poppy seed ones … as a muffin I find them really ‘wettish’ and ‘blah’, but dried out, the lemon intensifies and they are delicious.

Muffin Biscotti
leftover muffins

Preheat oven to 170 oC.   Slice muffins thinly, making each slice about 1/4-inch thick. Lay pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake muffin slices for 10-15 minutes on a side, turning once, until slices are dry and crisp. If they start to get too brown around the edges, take those slices out a bit early.


Cool completely on a wire rack to give the biscotti a chance to crisp up before serving.    One muffin will make about 4-6 biscotti, depending on size.    
http://bakingbites.com/2009/03/muffin-biscotti/

No comments:

Post a Comment