Wednesday, May 13, 2020

2020 - March 25 - Peanut butter Rice Krispie cookies


Wednesday 25 March 2020

While watching Masterchef on TV, I had a small bag of Macadamia nuts. They were halved ... so I took one halved macadamia ... and counted the times I chewed it.  I promise you .... 80!!!!

Few years ago I had teeth braces ... and that 'forced' me to chew my food really well, otherwise I will bite on something hard and the braces will 'snap'.

I also believe that people in general just 'gulp' down their food - which means there are big chunks in the tummy to be processed.  By chewing food properly, you make it easier and quicker for the digestion system.  

Sometimes my process of thinking is like this:  I have an ingredient in my pantry that I don't use often ... what can I use it for?

With Rice Krispies, I thought ... can I make cookies with it?

I've used the basis of '3 ingredient peanut butter cookies' (1 cup peanut butter, 1 egg and 1 cup sugar) - and I thought ... what if I use Rice Krispies instead of sugar???

Peanut Butter, puffed rice (Rice Krispies) and ginger cookies

1 cup peanut butter (smooth/crunchy)
1 cup puffed rice (Rice Krispies)
1 large egg
2 teaspoons ginger powder
coconut to sprinkle on
Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 180 oC. Mix the ingredients together, roll in small balls and place on greased baking sheet. Press down with fork.

Sprinkle coconut over. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes on tray. (It hardens as it cools. It is quite ‘dry’ and crumbly, but tastes good! Maybe I should have used 2 eggs.)

You can leave out the ginger, or use cinnamon powder.
Recipe: Alma Pretorius
 

Dinner was steak for Hein on the braai and bat (sorry, chicken) wings for me.  Delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment