Thursday, May 14, 2020

2020 - May 11 - knitting beanies

Monday 11 May 2020

This morning I decided ...  I really want to knit some beanies for her project.

In 2014, I knitted beanies for 'Babies behind bars' (babies born in prison).  I challenged myself to knit a beanie per day ... I managed up to over 200 beanies ... then I lost interest.

As you can see, my colors are wild and wacky!!!!  I just hate to knit with one color ... 


Quickly phoned Kismet Yarns, Deco Park (https://kismetyarns.co.za/) - I usually buy these wool ... they are Mirage 4 Ply 25 g - R5,50/ball.

That way I use 2 different colors together.

Kismet Yarns were open - drove there and bought R200's worth of wool.


See the ball on the left??  That is a 350 g ball of wool!  It is HUUUGE!!!!   That night I knitted my 1st beanie for this project ... but I used a no 5 knitting needle (as per the pattern), but my hands cramped something fierce!

I decided I'll rather use a no 6 knit needle ... problem solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment