Thursday, May 14, 2020

2020 - April 23 - leftover salad soup -

Thursday 23 April 2020

Last night we had a lovely fresh salad with our braai ... and it reminded me of 'salad soup'.


Today I am thankful for a wilted Green or Greek Salad ... so you've made a crisp salad ... but the next day, the lettuce is wilted ... don't throw it away. On this photo, I've added tinned fish ... but you can keep it all veg ...

DON'T KNOCK IT BEFORE YOU'VE TRIED IT!!!


Wilted Green/Greek salad soup 

Onion leftover salad protein (only if you want to) stock liquid
Fry the onion in a big saucepan on the stove. Add all the leftover salad ... yes especially the lettuce! Add the protein (if you're using), stock liquid and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. With a stick blender, blend everything together to a smooth-ish soup. Taste, adjust seasoning if necessary. Enjoy.
Recipe:  Alma Pretorius


 Today I challenged myself to walk around the house for 2 kilometers - I did it!!

 28 laps around our house .... then I danced inside on 'Achy Breaky Heart' music-alikes for 20 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment