Thursday, May 14, 2020

2020 - April 20 - 3 ingredient peanut butter banana cacao cookies - wimpy breakfast at home

Monday 20 April 2020

It's Hein's birthday today.  He's just a day younger than me ... so 54.

One of Hein's favorite restaurant breakfasts is the Wimpy Big Breakfast.  It has a patty (with onion underneath - that's definitely a favorite of him), bacon, eggs, toast and chips.



If I cannot take my hubby to Wimpy for breakfast, I will bring Wimpy to him.

Below you can see that I've got quite close to the real Wimpy breakfast ...

I've put McCain's sweet potato fries in the oven with the burger patty.  Fried bacon and the eggs.  In a small saucepan, I fried the onions.  Keeping Hein out of the kitchen was a mission ... but in the end, it was just so worth it!!


 After breakfast, I tackled the garden again.  Slowly but surely I'm managing to remove the weeds.

3 ingredient banana peanut butter muffins

During the day, I browsed my recipes ... saw this recipe and thought I'll treat Hein to something sweet.  I should have smoothed out the mixture in the muffin pan before baking, because they look a bit lumpy.  But the taste was really good.  And healthy.  And quick and easy!

3 ingredient Peanut butter banana cacao muffins

2 ripe bananas (about 288g without the peels)
½ cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
3 flat (not heaped) tablespoons cacao


Preheat oven to 180 oC. 

First pulp the bananas with a fork in a bowl. Add the peanut butter and cocoa. It will be a sticky mixture.
Spoon it into muffin holes or cupcake wrappers. (makes 6). It won’t rise, so fill it to the top. Bake for 20 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes in pan. Remove and let cool.
(You can sift icing sugar on top.)
http://www.rsg.co.za/resepte_kuik.asp?id=3397

No comments:

Post a Comment