Wednesday, May 13, 2020

2020 - March 20 - Apple Yogurt muffins


Friday 20 March 2020

We buy Golden Delicious apples for the garden birds ... although we've tried to give them Granny Smith and Red apples, they clearly prefer the Golden Delicious.

With a good price for the apples, I had too many in my fridge and thought I'll find a recipe to use them.  Also, I had this Lancewood Double Cream apple & cinnamon yoghurt.  My preference is Lancewood Coconut yoghurt, but shops don't always have stock.  I've bought this yoghurt, but meh ...

When I saw this recipe uses yogurt, I thought - this will be perfect!!!!

Oh My Word! These are just amazing!!! The topping is a must!! 

Almost like apple strudel - hubby Hein said it needs a dollop of whipped cream.

Apple yogurt muffins
Makes 12 big muffins

• 2 cups all-purpose (cake) flour
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 cup vanilla yogurt (I’ve used Lancewood Apple
Cinnamon Yogurt)
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 2 tablespoons milk
• 2 small yellow apples, cubed

TOPPING:
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon cold butter

Preheat oven to 200 oC. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cubed apples and cinnamon. Combine the yogurt, egg, oil and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. (I added a little bit more oil and milk to wet it) (batter will be thick). Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.

For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. I put these 3 ingredients into my small blender to mix.

Bake at 200°C for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.


 Rumors about the COVID-19 virus are confirmed now - and lockdown will be inevitable.  Which means, we have to stock up on groceries ... and I need a haircut!!!!

Luckily, I walked into Infinity Hair Salon, Boskruin, and Roxy was at the counter.  Already people are wearing masks - she could help me immediately.  I walked out feeling like a million bucks!!





No comments:

Post a Comment