Tuesday, May 12, 2020

2019 - March - Samp recipes


Have you all survived Valentine’s Day?  I actually applied for a delivery job for that week – to deliver flowers for Netflorist.  I thought it would have been so amazing to actually deliver Valentine flowers.  Luckily Netflorist never followed up with me … cause the next day I read all the bad reviews – flowers were not delivered (even though ordered a week before), flowers were half-dead …. 

Yesterday, 8 March 2019 was IWD (International Woman’s Day).  When I thought of doing something fun to celebrate in our Aqua class, I searched for quotes … and found this …

A woman is like a teabag.  You never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water – Eleanor Roosevelt.

That sparked an idea … I asked the aqua ladies if they can all bring just 1 wrapped teabag to class.  I wrapped some extra teabags, as did Heather.  I then took a big brown paper bag and stuck a bright pink A4 poster card on it with the above quote.  The ladies then dropped their teabags in the bag … and when finished, took 1 home.  With all my flower hair clips and flower crowns, we all wore something bright in the pool.

NOW THIS ISSUE WITH RECIPES IS ALL ABOUT – ME EDUCATING YOU … ON THE INGREDIENT – SAMP (STAMPMIELIES)

Yes, yes, you don’t eat Samp – you don’t like Samp – too much effort – NO NO NO!!!!  No more soaking overnight – no more soaking AT ALL!!!!!  In shops you now buy ‘Quick Cook Samp’ – it literally cooks from start to finish IN 30 MINUTES!!!  I promise you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that hurdle is now out of the way.

Yes, you only eat Samp and Beans … or Samp with stew …. Which is okay … but hey, why not use Samp as your starch instead of rice / couscous / potatoes / pasta ??????

When I bought this bag of Quick Cook Samp, I was in true ALMA form – I was just not going to make it as is … NOOOOOOOO ………  I searched the Net – and oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!










Start with the Samp Potato Bake dish recipe first …. And then go from there.

Of course, after the HUMONGOUS success on the Samp Potato Bake dish – I took it further .. and further … and am truly and well SOLD on the idea of Samp.

So, LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I urge you, even if you THINK you don’t like Samp, please just try a recipe.  It’s just so much fun to make something different!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment