Thursday, May 14, 2020

2020 - April 12 - burger patties - jam muffins - tomato jam

Sunday 12 April 2020

Don't you just love a braai?  Even if it's just burger patties? 


In the fridge were some tomatoes near their expiry date ... so I thought I'll make tomato jam.  Do you know tomato jam??  I grew up with it and just love it!  Although a lot of people don't know it at all!!!  One can also add chilies to make it a spicy jam.


Tomato Jam Recipe on Stove

500 g ripe tomatoes
250 g sugar
4 tsp lime juice


Method :
Clean the tomatoes and boil it in water. Take it out and put it in cold water. Remove the skin from the tomatoes and smash it well. Sieve it and mix it well sugar and lime juice. Heat the content by stirring continuously. When it becomes a thick solution, remove from fire and pour into a sterilised jar/ bottle. Invert for a few minutes to seal.  KEEP IN FRIDGE
 


Actually why I made the tomato jam - I thought about making jam muffins ... heard of that?  Quite delicious!!!!


Jam muffins
real quick & easy.
Instead of muffin wrappers, I put squares of foil into each hole of a 12 big muffin pan. Then I spray it.     You can use any jam you like.

Tomato jam muffins
Makes 12 big muffins
 
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup jam (I made tomato jam)


Preheat oven to 205 oC.  Prepare your muffin pan.  In a bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.  In another small bowl, beat the egg, milk, jam and oil.  Pour the wet into the dry mixture, lightly mix with a fork.  Batter will be liquidy.  Spoon into prepared muffin pan to 3/4 full.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Let it stand for 5 minutes in pan ... carefully remove the foil and let muffins cool on wire rack.


Recipe:  Alma Pretorius 

EXERCISE AROUND THE HOUSE

With an Apple fit bit watch, I walked around our house - 72 metres.  To complete 1 kilometer, will take me 14 laps.

I put 14 elastic bands on my 1 wrist.  Every time I finished a lap, I switched one elastic band to the other wrist.  I completed 1 kilometer in 10 1/2 minutes.  

I quite liked it ... I'm safe in our yard, I maintain social distancing, I see our garden with every lap ... 










No comments:

Post a Comment