Wednesday, May 13, 2020

2020 - March 30 - peanut butter bovril cookie

Monday 30 March 2020


So last year I took the 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe (1 cup peanut butter, 1 egg and 1 cup sugar) to the savory side.

I LOVE salty things ...last year, I made a (real bad) habit of eating crisps after dinner.  Not a few crisps.  We are talking a whole bag (125 g) of chips ... after dinner.  Almost every night!!!!!!  I just realized that it's a really bad habit ... and I stopped.  Till today, I will only eat crisps (Doritos) for nachos.

 
So I'm always trying out new and salty things ... since these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie is so quick and easy, I thought ... what if I add some Bovril to the mix?  It worked really nice ... but I still didn't want the sugar in it.

So this is the version ... and I keep it in my fridge in an open container ... it becomes crispy and oh-so-salty!  I sometimes crumble it in my coconut yogurt as a snack.

You can either use Bovril or Marmite.

Recipe: Alma Alma Van Dyk Pretorius

4 ingredient Peanut Butter, Bovril and Cheese cookies

1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth / crunchy)
1 ½ cup grated cheese
1 large egg
2 teaspoons Bovril/marmite

Preheat oven to 180 oC. Mix the ingredients together, roll in small balls (it is a messy process) and place on greased baking sheet. Press down with fork. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven - let cool for 10 minutes on tray, remove and let it cool down completely on wire rack. (It hardens as it cools.) I leave it in my fridge in open container … it becomes real crispy



No comments:

Post a Comment