Thursday, May 14, 2020

2020 - May 8 - Peanut butter salt & vinegar cheese cookies

Friday 8 May 2020

Uggh, with this lockdown we aren't allowed to visit friends and family members.  Today my dad turned 80 ... and we couldn't go and visit him.

Remember my peanut butter bovril cookies?  Thinking of what else I can add to these cookies to make them salty ... I thought ... salt ...

In the shop, I walked to the crisps and popcorn shelf - I looked for the popcorn seasoning.  Yes!  Salt & Vinegar seasoning.

Made these cookies and they are divine!!!  Well, for me anyway.  I offered some to a neighbor, but she politely declined. 



4 ingredient Peanut Butter, Salt & Vinegar Cheese cookies

1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth / crunchy)
1 ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
1 large egg
5 teaspoons Salt & Vinegar salt (popcorn aisle)

Preheat oven to 190 oC. Mix the ingredients together, roll in small balls (it’s really messy) and place on greased baking sheet. 

Press down with fork. Bake for 13 minutes. Remove from oven - let cool for 10 minutes on tray, remove and let it cool down completely on wire rack. (It hardens as it cools.) I keep mine in the fridge in open container – salty and crispy.
Recipe: Alma Pretorius



No comments:

Post a Comment