Thursday, May 14, 2020

2020 - May 6 - droëwors in biltong maker

Wednesday 6 May 2020

With my dad's 80th birthday on Friday the 8th May, I knew we won't be able to see them.  But I thought at least I can make something yummy for him as a gift.

Years ago we bought this Biltong King ... I used to buy normal boerewors - but with no pork in it.  Then I brushed the outsides with vinegar and let it hang in the biltong maker.

One day in biltong shop I saw THICK droëwors ... I was hooked!!!!!!  But yikes, at such a price! 

At the moment, the price of biltong and droëwors in Johannesburg is about R290/kg.

I bought 2 packets of Vrystater thick boerewors (R99/kg) and 1 packet Vrystater thin boerewors.  Just hang it in the biltong maker and 3 days later ... dried wors!!!!!!

The thicker droëwors is just more juicy!!





Perfect gift for anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment