Thursday, May 14, 2020

2020 - April 24 - peanut butter muffins

Friday 24 April 2020

Today I was thinking about the jam muffins ... I've used all the tomato jam I made.

Usually we don't have any jam or syrup / honey in the house.




I thought what else can I use instead of jam  – so I thought – what about peanut butter?  But me, being me, I used peanut butter and thought … what can I add to sweeten it … so I used soft dried dates.   

Taste was really great, although the muffin /scone was a bit dry and crumbly.  The dates really worked well.

Peanut butter date muffins
Makes 12 big muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup peanut butter (smooth / crunch)
24 soft dried dates

Preheat oven to 205 oC.  Prepare your muffin pan.  

In a bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.  In another small bowl, beat the egg, milk, peanut butter and oil.  Pour the wet into the dry mixture, lightly mix with a fork.  

Batter will be liquidy.  Spoon into prepared muffin pan to 3/4 full.  Press 2 dates into each muffin hole.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Let it stand for 5 minutes in pan ... carefully remove the foil and let muffins cool on wire rack.
 Recipe: Alma Pretorius


When I posted this photo on Facebook, one friend said:  it looks like a sad face - and a smiley face.









No comments:

Post a Comment