Thursday, May 21, 2020

2020 - May 21 - Melon & Ginger Jam with Cheese Muffins

Thursday 21 May 2020

Last night hubby ate a Melon & Ginger Jam with cheese sandwich.  I thought ... what about I put this in a muffin.

So this morning I made these muffins and they are delicious!!!





Melon and ginger jam cheese muffins
Makes 6

1 cup self rising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup melon and ginger jam
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 190 oC.  In bowl, beat together the egg, milk, jam and oil.  Add the self rising flour, cheese and salt.  Spoon into 6 muffin pan.  Bake for 30 minutes.

Recipe:  Alma Pretorius

While I'm busy knitting beanies, I'm watching Top Chef Canada on TV ... and my mind goes spinning .... 

One of my all-time favorite dips is Taramasalata!  I looooove it!!!!  Usually I eat this with small biscuits.  So I thought ... what if I put this in muffin form???  And I had a tin of small rolled anchovies .....

Funny thing ... when I opened the tin of anchovies, there were only 11.  And I wanted 12.  Clever thinking of course from the manufacturers ... you need to buy 2 tins.  Even when you open a packet of biscuits ... there will only be 11.

My goodness, these muffins are divine!!!!  And surprisingly NOT TOO fishy at all.

  
Taramasalata Anchovy muffins
Makes 6

1 cup self rising flour
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
¼ cup Taramasalata dip
12 rolled anchovies (Admiral brand)

Preheat oven to 190 oC.  In bowl, beat together the egg, milk, taramasalata and oil.  Add the self rising flour.  Spoon into 6 muffin pan.  Press 2 rolled anchovies into the batter. For some reason, there are only 11 rolled anchovies in a tin!  Bake for 25 minutes.

Recipe:  alma Pretorius
Note:  these are the anchovies I used:

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment